With over 60 percent of adults using social networking sites, adding social media buttons to your Gmail account allows you to provide email recipients with a direct link to your profiles.
Social media buttons are small graphics that utilize a social networks icon. To add the Facebook, Twitter , Linkedin, and Blogger Icons to your Gmail Signature, follow these instructions:
- Login to Gmail account.
- in the upper right hand corner, click on the Options button, then select Mail Settings.
- On the General Settings tab, scroll down to the signature settings.
- Type in your name, address and other contact information.
- To add the Facebook Icon, click on the image button (looks like this Insert Facebook Icon in Google Signature Then copy and paste this image link into the Image URL Field: http://acetrum.com/images/facebook_small.jpg then click ok.
- Repeat this step –
- Now that you have the images inserted, you need to hyperlink them. To do this, first click on the image you want to link to highlight it, then click on the hyperlink button (looks like this: create a hyperlink in Gmail Signature.
- After you click on the link, a dialog box will open. Copy and paste your Facebook or Twitter link into the Web Address field, then click ok.
- Do this for all images in your signature.
Be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen and save your changes. Then send yourself a test message (or send me one firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can verify that the links go to the right place!